Booking terms & conditions
Listed below are the terms and conditions (T & C’s) for Lindsey Rodriguez, 380B Taille de Mas des Frênes, 74110 Morzine, hereafter referred to as Chalet Morzine. These terms and conditions form the basis of your holiday contract with Chalet Morzine. They set out the respective rights and obligations of Chalet Morzine and you should therefore read them carefully.
Your booking agreement
- Once you have received both availability confirmation and email acceptance of the booking from Chalet Morzine, a booking enquiry will be held for 7 days pending receipt of the appropriate deposit and completed booking form.
- The party leader (who must be at least 18 years of age) must complete the Chalet Morzine booking form on behalf of all persons named on the form and in doing so confirms everyone’s acceptance of these booking conditions. He/she is responsible for all matters relating to the booking and will be personally liable for all monies outstanding to Chalet Morzine from the remainder of the group.
- The group refers to all persons booked to stay with Chalet Morzine on the booking form.
- The booking form must then be forwarded to Chalet Morzine together with the agreed deposit (generally €150 or £150 per person). If the booking takes place less than 2 calendar months before departure, full payment must be made at the time of the booking.
- If at any time, prior to the start of the holiday, there is a change of group leader; Chalet Morzine must be notified, either by email or telephone, by the original group leader and a new booking confirmation forwarded.
- If after 7 days, the booking form and appropriate payment have not been received, Chalet Morzine reserves the right to consider the booking cancelled and to rebook the rooms without notification.
Your booking contract
- Once Chalet Morzine has received your booking form and appropriate payment, Chalet Morzine will confirm your holiday by issuing an invoice. It is at this moment, when a binding contract comes into existence between you and Chalet Morzine.
- French law governs this contract, and all matters arising out of it. In the unlikely event of any dispute coming between you and Chalet Morzine, we both agree that this will be dealt with by the courts in France.
- The invoice will state when the final payment is due and we will endeavour to send you a reminder. However, if payment is not received in full and on time (2 calendar months before departure), we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you. In this case, the cancellation charges set out in Clause 5 will be payable.
- Please check the invoice as soon as you receive it and raise any queries with Chalet Morzine immediately. If Chalet Morzine then deem your holiday as cancelled we reserve the right to rebook the rooms without further notice.
- Chalet Morzine guarantees the price of your catered winter ski chalet holiday or summer self-catered chalet holiday as quoted at the time of booking and reserves the right to increase or decrease the price of unsold holidays or any additional unsold arrangements at any time.
- The price of your chalet holiday does not include flights, travel costs, transfers from Geneva, holiday and medical insurance. In Winter it does not include: lift passes, ski hire, ski lessons or childcare, unless a tailor-made ski chalet holiday booking has been made.
- Weekly catered winter ski chalet holidays at Chalet Morzine include all linen and towels (changed once during the week), 7 nights’ accommodation, evening meals with wine on 6 nights, breakfast on 7 mornings and all local taxes.
- Prices in resort may change and any quotes on external services will be given as accurately as possible. However Chalet Morzine takes no responsibility for any variation in price that may take place between the quote and arrival into resort.
- For all family summer holidays, short breaks both ski and summer, mountain biking weeks and family activity holiday weeks in the summer at Chalet Morzine will be tailor-made quotes and what is included will be specified at the time of booking.
- Acceptable payment types are credit cards in Euros, UK cheque in Pounds sterling, French Cheque in Euros, Bank transfer in UK in Pounds Sterling, International Bank transfer in Euros or in cash (Euros and Sterling pounds). If any cheque is dishonoured, we reserve the right to charge £15 to cover our administration costs and if necessary, we may treat the booking as cancelled in accordance with the conditions stipulated in clause 5.
- Any international bank transfer costs, or other payment costs, must be taken on by you, not Chalet Morzine.
- When the price has been agreed in Pounds Sterling and you wish to pay on credit card, the amount has to be converted to Euros at a minimum of 1.2 or the current exchange rate if higher. Credit card payments also incur a 1% processing charge.
- Chalet Morzine is not responsible for any payment discrepancies caused by variations in exchange rates used by your bank/credit card user.
- All persons booking a winter ski catered chalet holiday or a summer family activity holiday with Chalet Morzine are required to purchase insurance in order to cover the cost of cancellation by you and the cost of assistance and repatriation in the event of accident or illness.
- Insurance premiums must be in place before you embark upon your winter ski catered chalet holiday or summer family activity holiday with Chalet Morzine. It is the responsibility of the group leader to ensure that each member of his group has adequate cover.
- If you do not take out an insurance policy, Chalet Morzine will not be responsible for any matters arising as a result. You will be further responsible for paying to and indemnifying Chalet Morzine for such sums we meet on your behalf.
Alterations and /or cancellations by you
- Should you wish to make any changes to your chalet holiday arrangements after they have been confirmed, you must advise Chalet Morzine in writing. Whilst we will endeavour to assist, we cannot guarantee we will be able to meet any such requests.
- Any alterations made to the existing booking, except additions or transferral of names may be deemed a cancellation and the charges, as set out below, may apply. It may also be necessary to levy a small administrative charge to process any alterations.
- Should you or any member of your party need to cancel your chosen winter ski catered chalet holiday or summer family activity holiday, once it has been confirmed, the group leader must immediately advise us in writing. Chalet Morzine takes no responsibility for non-delivery or non-receipt of such written cancellation.
Your deposit will be retained for administration costs and the following cancellation charges will be applied. These charges are calculated from the date on which Chalet Morzine receives written notice of the cancellation.
Weeks before departure Percentage of holiday cost * From Booking Deposit 8 to 4 50% 4 to 2 75% 2 or less 100%
* Excludes insurance
- Non receipt of the balance of the cost of your winter ski catered chalet holiday or family summer activity holiday with Chalet Morzine will not be taken as notification of cancellation. You will still be liable for cancellation charges as shown above if you subsequently cancel the holiday.
- In addition to the cancellation charges, we reserve the right to pass on any charges made by the suppliers of any services booked by us on your behalf. Depending on the reason for cancellation, you may be able to reclaim these cancellation charges (less any applicable excess) under the terms of your insurance policy.
Alterations and /or cancellations by us
- We reserve the right to make minor alterations to brochure, website and holiday details before and after bookings have been confirmed. In the case of a minor or significant alteration being made we will advise you at the earliest possible date.
- In the event of a significant alteration, you may accept it or cancel your winter ski catered chalet holiday or summer family activity holiday and receive a full refund. Chalet Morzine will pay no compensation.
- Very occasionally, it may be necessary for Chalet Morzine to cancel a confirmed holiday. We must reserve the right to do so. If we do so you will receive a full refund of all the monies paid, or if requested we will endeavour to find alternative accommodation of the same value. We accept no legal liability and will pay no compensation.
- Very rarely, we may be forced to curtail your holiday after the date of departure where circumstances amounting to ‘force majeure’ occur as described in Clause 8 below. In this very unusual situation, we regret we cannot make any refunds (except where refunds are obtainable from a supplier), meet any cost or expenses you may incur as a result or pay any compensation.
- We regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by ‘force majeure’. In these booking conditions, ‘force majeure’ means any event, which we or the supplier of the service (s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid.
- Such events may include war or threat of war, political unrest, adverse weather conditions, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural, nuclear or technical disasters, volcanic ash disruption, fire, epidemics, acts of God and all similar events outside our control.
Our liability to you
- Chalet Morzine accepts responsibility for ensuring that all parts of our contract with you are properly performed subject to the following exceptions.
- Chalet Morzine cannot accept liability where any failure to perform or improper performance was due to: (i) the act(s) and/or omission (s) of the person (s) affected or any member (s) of their party or (ii) those of a third party not connected with the provision of your holiday and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable or (iii) an event which either ourselves or the supplier of the services in question could not have foreseen or forestalled even with all due care.
- Chalet Morzine cannot accept liability with any cancellation, loss, delay or costs wheresoever’s and howsoever arising or connected with adverse weather or traffic conditions, avalanche, mud slips, slides, snow conditions, airline strikes and the effect that any of these may have on travel arrangements, accommodation and activities
- Chalet Morzine cannot accept liability from limitations imposed by resort authorities, ski-lifts, ski hire or ski school operators.
- Chalet Morzine cannot accept liability for any travel arrangements made by the group or on behalf of the group.
- In the event of any liability being accepted, we shall not be liable for more than the cost of the accommodation component booked through Chalet Morzine. No further compensation will be paid out.
- When you book a holiday with Chalet Morzine, the group leader accepts total responsibility for any damage or loss caused by yourself or any member of your party, to Chalet Morzine property, grounds, vehicles and all equipment. Full payment for any such damage or loss must be immediately made to us or the third party concerned and the payment responsibility lies with the group leader, irrespective of who caused the damage. If you fail to do so, you must indemnify Chalet Morzine against any claims (including legal costs) made against us as a result of your actions.
- We expect all clients to have consideration for other people. If in our reasonable opinion you or any member of your party behave in such a way as to cause or to be likely to cause, distress, danger or annoyance to any third party (such as other clients, staff, local residents), excessive noise inside or within the chalet grounds, or a negative impact on the reputation of Chalet Morzine, we reserve the right to terminate the holiday of the person concerned without notice.
- In the above situation, our responsibilities towards that person (including any return transport arrangements) will immediately cease and we will not be responsible for meeting any costs or expenses they may incur as a result. We will not make any refunds or pay any compensation to the individual involved or to members of his/her party or associates wishing to curtail their holiday as a result.
- Any persons not booked into Chalet Morzine can only visit the property with prior notification and with the permission of Chalet Morzine staff. If a client is in breach of these terms and conditions, Chalet Morzine reserve the right to refuse to further accommodate them and contractual obligations will be terminated immediately.
Conditions of Suppliers
- Chalet Morzine can assist in sourcing and booking many of the extra services you may need whilst on your catered winter ski chalet holiday or summer family activity holiday. However, these services are subject to the terms and conditions of the individual companies.
- Our help does not constitute an approval and Chalet Morzine takes no responsibility or liability for his or her service. Any grievance with a third party service should be taken up with the provider directly.
- Some of their conditions may limit or exclude the supplier’s liability to you. Copies of the conditions, which affect you, are available from the supplier in question.
Passport, visa and health requirements
- We cannot accept any liability if you are refused entry onto a flight or into any country, due to failure on your part to carry the correct passport, visa or other documents required by any airline or authority. Most flights are into Geneva in Switzerland, which is not an EC member.
- Before travelling you are advised to check with your own doctor for your own medical requirements. It is highly advisable to have the up to date European Health Passport card which has replaced the old E111.
Children’s facilities in resort and the chalet
- Even though Chalet Morzine provides information on children’s facilities that you can arrange in resort, we have no control over their operation and it is possible that these might be different from those advertised.
- The local crèche and nanny services can refuse to accept or retain any child whose behaviour is considered unacceptable or disruptive, or any child who will not settle and is clearly unhappy.
- All childcare services are operated independently and not by Chalet Morzine. It is therefore crucial that you are satisfied with the arrangements when registering and take up any problems with them directly in resort.
- Whilst we try and make our chalets as child friendly as possible, they are by no means completely childproof. Chalet Morzine will not be held responsible for any accident occurring within the chalet. It is the parent’s responsibility to ensure that their children are supervised at all times.
Ski to door
- The chalet is situated just off piste B and under normal snow conditions you can ski back to the door, off piste, to within 20 metres of the chalet. Ski to lifts requires a steep walk on an off piste track to either get to piste B or a 5 minute walk on a flat piste (so need to use the ski poles) to ski off piste to the chairlift.
- If there is no snow these options are not possible and Chalet Morzine cannot be held responsible for this convenience not being available.
- Chalet Morzine does not accept pets.
- For fire safety reasons there is a no smoking policy. Clients may only smoke on designated balconies and must use the ashtrays provided.
Lost and stolen Property
- Any client not properly securing the exits after leaving the chalet will be liable for any property stolen as a result of that negligence.
- Chalet Morzine will not be held responsible for any theft or loss of personal possessions from our premises/vehicles. Whilst Chalet Morzine will endeavour to ensure the security of guest’s personal possessions, we cannot give a 100% guarantee.
- If Chalet Morzine includes the transfers in your quote, this will be carried out by an external supplier, as we don’t possess our own vehicles.
- Upon arrival at Geneva, you will be greeted by our representative and shown to your minibus and driven to the chalet. Weather and road conditions permitting the journey should take no longer than 90 minutes.
- In the case of unforeseen circumstances, out of our control, such as flight delays, cancellations, lost luggage, adverse weather and road conditions, you may be required to wait in the airport arrivals cafe area for a maximum of one hour. If this happens, you will be notified immediately upon arrival and kept informed of the situation by a designated representative.
- If you are travelling in a smaller party, you may also be required to wait at the airport for a maximum of one hour. Alternatively, a private transfer can be arranged for an additional charge. For your return journey, it may be necessary for us to allow up to 4 hours to transport you safely to the airport, due to adverse weather conditions.
- Any decisions regarding departure times from Morzine will be made by the supplier in conjunction with Chalet Morzine. Chalet Morzine will notify you on the evening before your departure and will always allow adequate time to ensure you arrive safely and on time for your flight home.
- Any costs incurred due to unforeseen circumstances resulting in you missing your flight home should be claimed against your holiday insurance. Chalet Morzine can provide you with the relevant paperwork to support such a claim.
- For any incorrect information supplied by yourself which requires us to arrange additional transfers at short notice Chalet Morzine reserve the right to levy further administration charges and charge the public rate quoted on the supplier website.
Self catered Chalet in Summer
- For all summer self catered rentals of the chalet, a security deposit of £500 against damage, loss or breakages will be required, and shall be payable to our management team on arrival at the property. This security deposit will only be accepted in cash. The deposit will be refunded at the end of your holiday, providing the accommodation is left clean and without defect. The sum reserved by this clause shall not limit your liability to Chalet Morzine.
- The client agrees to be a considerate tenant, to take good care of the property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. Although a light final clean is included in our prices, we reserve the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if you leave the property in an unacceptable condition.
- The client shall report to the Chalet Morzine management team without delay any defects in the Chalet or breakdown in the equipment / appliances provided so that arrangements can be made for their repair or replacement.
Ski/Snowboard Companion service
- If any Chalet Morzine member of staff suggests a ski companion service, this will be done entirely under their own initiative and does not constitute in any form, SKI GUIDING. This will be a member of staff offering to help pass on their knowledge of the pistes so that you can make the most of the mountain and to simply show you where the slopes are.
- Chalet Morzine staff are not professional ski or snowboard guides in that they do not hold a ski guide qualification or have the necessary insurance. Under no circumstances will our staff offer off piste guiding and if you choose to venture off piste whilst in the company of a staff member you will be entirely responsible for your own actions.
- Thierry, the owner of the chalet, lives in and is a fully qualified ski instructor with the local French ski school, the ESF. Any lessons to be booked with Thierry are to be booked through the ESF and are not inclusive in any winter ski catered chalet package.
- In the event that you have reason to complain whilst on holiday with us, you should immediately notify Chalet Morzine staff. If the complaint is not resolved whilst on holiday, or you are not satisfied at the way in which your complaint was handled, you have 28 days from the end of the holiday in which to write to us with full details. We cannot accept any liability in respect of any complaint, which is not notified entirely in accordance with this clause.
- Complaints cannot be considered for adverse weather and snow conditions and any subsequent closure of ski-lifts.
- If you have a special request, please clearly note it on your booking form or if after booking, make it in writing.
- A special request will only be binding if we have confirmed in writing that it will be complied with. Therefore, unless we have agreed in writing to provide such a service or facility, failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part.
- If we undertake to pass on requests to suppliers or other service providers (e.g. ski schools) we cannot guarantee such requests will be met even if we have confirmed that they have been passed on.
- If you have any medical problem or disability, which may affect your activity holiday with Chalet Morzine, you must advise us in writing at the time of booking giving full details.
- If we reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate your particular needs, we must reserve the right to decline your booking, or cancel it, when we find out the full details, if you fail to provide these at the time of booking.
- All descriptions and photography on the Chalet Morzine website are given in good faith on the information available to us and believed to be correct.
- The chalet is privately owned and does not have a tourist classification.
- You should be made aware that in relation to the information given about the resort of Morzine and its facilities, we cannot guarantee accuracy at all times or that any particular activity will take place as these services are not under our control.