The Portes du Soleil celebrate their 50th anniversary!
The biggest French-Swiss ski area will celebrate its 50th anniversary on Saturday 17th January.
So the resort is celebrating:
– 11am: Opening of the festivities with aperitifs offered by the Portes du Soleil at the top of Conche chairlift
– 4.30pm: meeting at the top of Pleney gondola for a giant torchlight descent supervised by ESF and ESS instructors from the Portes du Soleil
– from 5pm: DJ, bar snacks and firework followed by a concert of the rock cover band “Reptyll” in Morzine Tourist Office square
All skiers are welcome to join in the giant torchlight descent in Morzine, which is free of charge and does not require a pre registration. A “blue slope” level will be enough for that descent. Skiers only participating in the torchlight descent, don’t have to buy a ski pass.
– All skiers will enjoy 50% discount on their ski pass during this festal day.
– Ski passes will also be available to be won thanks to a quiz on Portes du Soleil social networks. The first 1000 winners will win a one-day ski pass usable on January 17th. The quiz will be uploaded on January 12th at 4pm on www.facebook.com/lesportesdusoleil.
Click here for a preview of the event: